Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm lovin' it!

I'm quoting McDonalds here, but I'm lovin' it!  I love the fact that some of my friends are joining in on the 13x40 Challenge or some sort of variation.  Just saw my friend Amy has posted her list http://intrepidblog.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/last-3-seasons-of-my-thirties/ and is blogging about some of her experiences.  My friend Cathy is busy out in Colorado putting hers together - she is a month younger than me so she is right at the 13 month mark.  I can't wait to see what she is working on!  My friend Alison is talking about making a list, and I'm looking forward to hers also.  Anyone else out there working on their list?

22.  Make a regular practice of prayer and meditation.

Okay, I've started with a great book by Eugene Peterson called Solo.  http://www.amazon.com/Message-REMIX-Solo-Pink-Awareness/dp/1600068693/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284738572&sr=1-1   I have come to really love Peterson's The Message because it combines good scholarship and ancient languages with a contemporary language and a modern feel.  Best of both worlds.  I like to use The Message woth a good study Bible - I prefer The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha http://www.amazon.com/Annotated-Apocrypha-Augmented-Revised-Standard/dp/0195288807/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1284738716&sr=1-4 that I came to love in seminary. 

Solo is really good so far, and I don't feel the pressure to do it every day, but the messages stick with me and have me thinking.  It is a slow start with #22, but I'm working on getting in the habit.  Which also leads me to the next one -

1.  WRITE.

I'm working on several writing projects right now that I am so excited about.  Two of them are planned devotional guides - one for adults and one for families.  I realize good ones are hard to find, and I'm tired of looking.  So, I'm writing.  Watch out!  More details later on...!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment