Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bad Cop, Good Cop

29. Have a physical.

Okay, I made my appointment but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it.  Ugh.  I hate having physicals.  I made a decision a few years back to do this every year, but after fasting and getting needle stuck and generally poked and prodded with a near pass out afterward - I just conveniently left that off my schedule.  I'm going to do this just before my 39th birthday in a few weeks.  Honestly, this is one of the things on my list I just want to GET IT OVER!  I'm always filled with dread that they'll find something terribly wrong with me that so far I was missing.  I'm also filled with dread that if I don't go they won't find something terribly wrong with me that I am missing.  So, give me credit for even scheduling this - and please, no lectures on how good it will be for me.  I get it.  I just don't want to do it.  Can this count for 9. Do something that really scares me also?

So, in order to counter act my worst case scenerio mentality, I am also working on :

3. Have a massage.

This is a rare treat for me, so scheduling #3 after #29 by a few days (notice which one I thought of first, which one is higher on the list!) seems to fit just right.  It will be something to look forward to after my doctor dread.  It is also a 39th birthday present to myself - Natural Body Spa sent me a coupon - I really think I ought to use it, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment