Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Was 13 months... now less than 13 days!

The days are ticking to the end of 39... 

A few more updates:


26.                  Read 50 books or more.

So, I completed this goal a few months back, and I haven't updated it lately, so I'm not posting all the regular links and information, but here are a few other books I've had my nose in lately.

Bossypants by Tina Fey - Laughed and laughed and laughed on the plane to Boston.  Laughed so hard the poor woman beside me asked me what I was reading so she could get it.  Later, other parts weren't as funny, some even lagged, but since I don't laugh nearly hard enough or often enough, I completely enjoyed giggling with Tina Fey.

Sisterhood Everlasting by Anne Brashares - Loved all of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series, so I was excited about a new release with these characters.  All I am going to say is, this was the opposite of Bossypants.  I cried and cried and cried.  And, it was very satisfying and lovely.

Baby Proof by Emily Giffin - I wish I hadn't read this.  While the different storylines of the female characters were interesting, I finished the book and felt really disgusted with the main character, her choices, and her outcomes.  Ugh! 

27.                  Get our finances in order with a set budget.

Good for us.  We can always do things to improve, but I'm proud of our work.

28.                  Complete my gratitude project.

Elizabeth and I had wonderful ideas in mind while considering writing a photojournalism type book on gratitude.  But then our notes were accidentally throw away by someone else, not us, who didn't know what they were.  And then - life happened, and we have both been busy.  Hope we are both at least 'practicing' gratitude, which I am thinking is the case!  :)  Hope we get to work on something else together or that there is still hope for this project.  Check out Elizabeth's beautiful photography at www.libbiewicket.com

29.                  Have a physical.

Check!  Did it last November!  I sure hope it doesn't mean I need to do it again...? 

30.                  Face my fear of water.

My friend Sarah doesn't call me Elphaba for nothing.  I hate water, at least if it requires putting my face in it.  Love to drink it, be near it, listen to it, shower in it - but who am I kidding?  Despite how easy others make it look to dive into it, I'm out.

Only a few more updates to go... before the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment