Tuesday, March 29, 2011

6 going on 40

Last Thursday marked the date.  I am just six months out from my 40th.  My son and I share "half birthdays" - so I was darn sure on 3/24.  13 going on 40 has now become 6 going on 40.  Wow!  There is still a lot to do on my list.  :) 

6.                  Participate in a 5K/10K… and a 1/2 marathon.

I completed another 5K - the Atlanta Women's 5K - with my friend Lisa.  I was slow, as has come to be expected now, but I felt the best I've ever felt after a race and loved running with Lisa.  It was really fun!  I never really run with friends - too much pressure to talk, or I over run out of anxiety - but we had fun.  (I had fun with my friend Temple last year too at the SkirtChaser 5K!) 

After my half marathon, I've felt pretty lazy.  So, I need to get going again with a fresh sense of dedication to taking care of myself.  All I really want to do now is cuddle up in bed (weather NOT helping!) and read a book, or two, or three.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment