Friday, August 27, 2010

Hot Chocolate

12. Enjoy what I eat.

Oh my gosh - can hot chocolate be any better?

Last Monday I gave myself a total treat.  The hot chocolate was only part of it.

I decided to SCHEDULE time for myself.  Every week.  So, don't even bother trying to reach me on Mondays midday.  I have a date with myself, and I'm working.  I'm writing.  That's #1 on the list, remember?

1. WRITE.

So, this past Monday I was a little late getting started, but I did it.  I went to Caribou Coffee.  I got wi-fi.  I set my headphones on some background stuff from Pandora, thanks to my friends who sent some great ideas.  I booted up my slow laptop and while I waited to get my writing going - I had a hot chocolate.

Honestly, I only got one because I felt bad taking up space and not buying anything, and I had a gift card I've been carrying around for 2 years, and no, I'm not kidding.  So, I order, I set up, and I wait.

The Caribou Man brings over my hot chocolate with apologies.  "I'm so sorry," says the Caribou Man.  "I put too much whipped creme on top and the lid won't fit.  Is that okay?"

Um, for real?  Is that okay? To have too much whipped creme?  Is that even possible?

I am talking A LOT of whipped creme.  And little teeny chocolate chips.  And I had to use a spoon.

And it was divine. 

It reminded me of the list, and I have to say I had forgotten how good hot chocolate really is.  It was worth every calorie.  I never put the lid on, even when there was room.  What fun is that?

So, last Monday I enjoyed two big items on the 13x40 list.  I thought you should know.  :)

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment