Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More updates!

More updates! 

6.                  Participate in a 5K/10K… and a 1/2 marathon.

The only race I participated in this summer was the Peachtree Road Race, the hottest 10K - literally and figuratively.  I had my slowest time ever, but hey, who is couting?  I hadn't been training and I was just glad to finish.  But now I'm aiming for a possible 2nd half marathon...  considering the Disney Princess Half in February next year.  Anyone else on board for that one?  In the meantime, I'm starting over with some basic training.  AND - I'm gearing up for my first 5K back on training - the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Run for Your Heart on 9/17.  http://www.choa.org/Support-Childrens/Events/Run-For-Your-Heart-Fun-Run  Please consider running with me, or making a donation in honor of my 40th birthday!

7.                  Lose 10—15 lbs.  Again. 

Who am I kidding?  I gained 15 pounds this year.  But, I'm back on track and hopefully whittling back down with my new training plan and kids going back to school in less than 2 weeks...!

8.                  Earn a bikini.

I wrote about this one before - and the more the summer has gone on, the more afraid I am.  There are very few people in the world who need to be wearing a bikini.  And, most of those are airbrushed.  After some of the near losses of swimsuits I saw at the beach and waterpark this summer, I am even more convinced.  There are too many great swimsuit options out there these days to be focused on an unnecessary bikini. 

9.                  Do something that really scares me.

Waterslides and roller coasters.  That has been a big thing for me - I hate both of them and I've tried out several this year, so hooray for me.  I also have had to deal with some pretty difficult things over the past year, so I feel I can really check this one off with gusto.

10.                  Go camping in our new tent.

Check!  Went camping with the Herdens back in June and had a blast.  Also LOVED our new tent, a gift from the Joys.  Really spacious and room for all four of us.  Next stop - I'd love to camp overnight at Stone Mountain.  Considering it sometime in the next few months or the upcoming year.

Lots more updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment