Friday, November 5, 2010

Miles

16.  Exercise for a total of 500 miles. 

Okay, so I promised a miles update for October.  I got really off my schedule from lots of traveling, a computer crash, and life in general.  But somehow I managed to still pull off 56.4 miles in October.  This was largely in fact due to three days at Epcot, Disney, and Universal, where - to the best I can tell - the kids and I averaged about 10 miles a day.  We were exhausted.  I had a huge fun-over after that.  And considering I did about 30 miles in 3 days, that tells you something about the rest of the month!
So, where did I get on my way to meet Anneliese?  Last month I was sitting pretty in Chattanooga, Tennessee.  Well, it appears that I have crossed over Monteagle (beware, Monteagle!) and am seemingly in the middle of nowhere in particular.  I'm nearing Manchester, TN.  So, my vision right now seems to be landing really close to Arnold Air Force Base.  I don't know anyone there, but I'm waving anyway.

Okay, Nashville and my friend Cheri - here I come!  I might see you in December on my metaphorical trip!  Better put some miles in!

6.  Participate in a 5k, 10k... and a Half Marathon.

I just snuck in a 5k on October 30, my only one last month.  I ran pretty slow, but I'll attribute that to being off my training schedule, and that the back half of this particular race is a "killer!"  Pun intended.  This was Run Like Hell through Oakland Cemetery here in Atlanta.  http://www.oaklandcemetery.com/run.html  It is a really fun run, though, and I enjoyed catching up with my high school friend Amy and her daughter.  Also, my kids ran the kids race, Run Like Heck, so that was fun too!  Lots of people in costume, but I thought I was scary enough just getting up and getting to the race.  I have two races scheduled in November, both 5ks, so I'll keep you posted on those too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment