Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dating

15.  Date my husband.

Okay, it has taken awhile to get to this one.  That makes me feel sort of ashamed!  I realize how much more often we need to go out together on dates.  ALONE.  We are fortunate to have friends and activities, but when we go out with others we tend to split up.  Dating is about time together alone, but when you have kids and busy lives it is just really easy to throw this kind of time out of the door. 

Also - I'm not sure if this counts as a good thing or a bad one, but the reason we made time to go out on a random Tuesday last week is that it wasn't random - it was our 14th wedding anniversary!  So, we didn't just date, we went out to celebrate a special occassion.  We need to get time out more regularly, so we'll keep working on it.  But - we had a GREAT time!  We went out to eat at Houstons, one of our favorite restaurants - http://www.hillstone.com/#/restaurants/houstons/ - despite all the great places to eat in Atlanta, we love going here!  It is right around the corner from us and we have some favorite menu options, so we often find ourselves there on dates.  After dinner, we went to Cirque de Soleil's performance of Ovo at Atlantic Station - http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/ovo/default.aspx .  Cirque never fails to leave me speechless.  We loved it so much we are going again!  We are surprising our kids just before Christmas and taking them.  They've never seen a Cirque show (mostly due to the skyhigh ticket prices!) but we found what we considered to be a good option and we are super excited about taking them.

Coming up soon my mom is going to take the kids for the weekend - she was kind enough to have them for our anniversary too, how lucky are we!! - and I've already started lining up some date plans for us.  I'll also be working on another item on my list, but not saying what it is yet.  I'll get back to you!

If you have any wonderfully fun date ideas, let me know!  I'd love to get back in the routine of dating my husband.

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!  Now into Advent and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment