Monday, December 6, 2010

Movie & Popcorn, Round 1

13.  Go to a few movies all by myself. 

The kids were at my mom's, the husband was at work, and I decided to do #13 - check out a movie just by myself.  I have to say, it felt rather indulgent.  I went to my favorite theater (AMC Parkway Pointe http://www.amctheatres.com/ParkwayPointe/), found that you can actually get a small popcorn and drink in a combo for what is cheaper than paying separately (apparently you have to say the magic words "I want a combo" rather than "Small Popcorn and Drink" - go fig), and went to see "Morning Glory." 

Morning Glory

http://www.morningglorymovie.com/#home

It was a cute film, and a good one for me to see alone.  Reminded me a lot of my college days as a Broadcasting/Speech major.  My only real complaint is that it is hard for me to see Harrison Ford playing the grumpy old man role.  Anyway, light and a little inspiring, it was a great first "movie to myself."

By the way, all of you need to sign up for AMC Movie Watcher Rewards.  https://www.amctheatres.com/rewards/  So many of those little card punch thingys end up just being junk in my purse, but I can't say enough good things about this one.  It takes a little effort to get it and set it up, but I love the benefits.  If you order movie tickets online in advance, you don't pay a convenience charge as a member (about a buck extra a ticket usually).  I always get a coupon or two or three when I buy tickets too - and while sometimes these are useless, like "50 cents off a sour patch kid" - I also sometimes get free tickets (you earn these as you go)!  This time I somehow got a "Night at the Movies" pass which includes a ticket, popcorn, and a drink.  I can even skip my "I want a combo" lesson!  Hooray!  Apparently they also take expired coupons, which I did not know - been throwing the old ones away - but no more!

AMC is also doing some great holiday promos.  Check those out!  http://www.amctheatres.com/holidays/

No comments:

Post a Comment